Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: Inside Out by Lauren Dane

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme; hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This weeks teaser comes from Lauren Dane's new book Inside Out. If you haven't noticed yet, I have a serious obsession with this series. I squealed like a little girl when Inside Out came in the mail yesterday. I'm already a third of the way done so expect a review soon. Cope is so smokin' hot!

(This is when Rennie gives a speech during Elise and Brody's engagement party. Totally brought tears to my eyes. You really feel the love.)

"Mom and I had a good life before Brody came. But it's way better now. Brody reads me ten princess books when I ask, and he lets me paint my toenails if it's only very light pink or crazy colors like green. He even plays Barbie with me. We got a good family, and I just wanted to say thank you to Brody and Uncle Adrian and Gran and Pops. And Ella, who made me a peanut butter marshmallow sandwich to eat tomorrow morning because she loves me and knows they're my favorite."

Brody when up and swooped Rennie high into his arms and kissed her cheek. He spoke to her softly, and she giggled, hugging him tight.

-pg. 80

0 comments:

Post a Comment