Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Quick Sip Review: Snowbound by Larissa Ione

Snowbound by Larissa Ione
Contemporary romance featuring some hot action both on and off the slopes
July 29, 2008
Trade Paperback, 225 pages
Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Source: Purchased ebook from mybookstoreandmore.com
Steam factor: 3 out of 5 cups of steamin' smexy goodness

Passion hot enough to melt the slopesand their hearts. Thanks to a devastating medical diagnosis, ski patroller Sean Trenton has endured two years of celibacy. Two long years that have chipped away at his confidence. Now, with the career opportunity of a lifetime on the line, hes ready to remedy the celibacy situation, and sexy snowbunny Robyn Montgomery is just what the doctor ordered.
Unfortunately, the last thing reliable, intense radio station manager Robyn Montgomery wants in her suddenly turbulent professional and personal life is a thrill-seeking former Olympic skier-even if he is a total hottie. Shes had it with guys who hog the spotlight and leave her in the shadows. So why is it that even an icy blizzard cant temper the combustible heat between them?


I hate snow. Although I love living in Canada, winter has never been my friend. Recently, we had our first snowfall where I live and in order to cope with all the white stuff, I decided to read something that would help spice up the snow a little. As an avid Larissa Ione fan, I knew Snowbound would be the perfect choice!

Although Snowbound was a little to tame and cookie-cutter for my liking, I thought the ski-resort setting was a fun and unique twist on the classic romance plot. You don't see a lot of hunky heroes who were former Olympic athletes.

Speaking of which, I liked Sean a lot. He was cute, flirty, but no egotistical when it came to showing off his fame and talent. I also appreciated how Ione stuck a little twist in the story regarding Sean's physical attributes and his lack of self-esteem. Robyn was also a great character. I enjoyed seeing her learn to deal with her lingering issues of being the former chubby girl in high school that everyone made fun of. Who can't relate to that?

While I don't really have anything bad to say about the book, I found it was a little bland. It was just very predictable. Although predictability isn't necessarily a bad thing, I just found myself waiting for something more exciting to happen.

However, Snowbound was successful in chasing away my winter blues. It is the perfect little love story to make you feel all warm and tingly on the inside. I actually kept craving hot chocolate while reading it which I found slightly odd. Nevertheless, I can't wait to get back on the slopes so I can go find me my own Sean!

Lukewarm, but still hits the spot.

Other Opinions:
~Goodreads

Author's Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment