Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (1): Books I Just Had to Buy, But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I'm so excited to participate in this meme. I love to make lists and I especially love to make lists about books! Plus, this week's topic applies to pretty much every book lover out there. Poor little TBR books.


the image1. Archangel's Consort by Nalani Singh - Don't get me wrong, I love Singh's Guild Hunter series. At first, I was gung-ho on finishing it, but somehow I just stopped halfway through. I think I got distracted by some flashy new releases.

2. City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane - Again, this book sits on my "to-finish" shelf. After I read the love scene between Chess and Terrible I felt so satisfied that I didn't feel a need to carry on hehe.

3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - I gobbled up the first 2 Hunger Games books, but for some reason I haven't started Mockingjay, despite it being released in August (GASP!). I think I'm just scarred about how it will end. I love Katniss too much to say goodbye.

4. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - Clare's Mortal Instruments series is one of my favorites. They're the only books that after I finished the series the first time, I picked up City of Bones and read it all again. Why haven't I read Clockwork Angel yet? I have no clue. 

the image5. The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews - Awhile back I had a poll asking people to vote on what series I should read next. Well The Kate Daniels series won and I immediatly went out and bought all 4 books. I keep trying to start the first book, but I keep putting it down. However, I am intrigued by this Curran fellow...

6. Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris - True Blood is my favorite show and my friend was nice enough to buy me the boxset of the first 8 books in the series. That was about a year and half ago and they are still sitting on my bookshelf.

7. Covet by J.R. Ward - Honestly, I don't know what to think of the Fallen Angels. I still have a little bit of resentment towards Ward for taking time away from the Brothers. But as a super-duper Ward fan, I feel like I need to read Covet. Maybe I'll pick this book up on a rainy/snowy day.

the image8. And Falling, Fly by Skyler White - When I first read the synopsis for this book, I was eager to read it. It just seemed new and fresh at the time. However, after reading a few bad reviews, my reading mojo for this book tanked.

9. Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews - And another Andrews book makes it onto the list. Before Bayou Moon came out, I read every excerpt for the book and followed Ilona's blog religiously. Yet, this book is still in my  TBR pile. Ilona has the best blog btw.

10. Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur - Actually, I'm still a few books behind in this series, but I remember promising myself that I would be up to date on the Riley Jensen books by the time Moon Sworn came out. However, the release day came and went and I'm still behind.

What do you think of my list? Is there a book that I should hurry up and read?

3 comments:

  1. Gasp! You haven't finished Archangel's Consort?! Send it on its way to me then, I'd devour that book in one night!!!

    :o you really need to read the sookie stackhouse series, I absolutely love the books way more than the tv show.

    I think you should be punished for not reading some of those awesome books ;)

    Also cute layout :D New follower

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm so bad. I really need to finish Archangel's Consort. And thanks for following Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    After I finished J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, I found myself with absolutely no desire to read any of the spin-offs.

    A friend of mine was pretty scandalised by that decision--and it is on her behalf that I encourage you to get to Covet soon. She thought it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete