Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Most Anticipated Books of 2011!

Here's a list of the books I'm most looking forward to in 2011. With so many new releases from some of the best authors in the biz, it's going to be one fantastic year. I see a lot of steamin' smexy goodness in our future. I just hate all the damn waiting! This list is ordered from 10 to 1.

Born of Shadows - Sherrilyn Kenyon
April 25, 2011
Kenyon's first book in The League series, Born of Night, is hands down my favorite sci-fi romance. However, the other two books in the series haven't quite lived up to the greatness of Born of Night. However, I'm hoping Born of Shadows will redeem this series.

Archangel's Consort - Nalini Singh
January 25, 2011
There are already a few early reviews floating around the blogiverse for Archangel's Consort and all the early readers love this book. As a huge Guild Hunter fan, I'm hoping I will as well. I mean come on, with such a gorgeous cover, there just has to be one hell of a story inside.

The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter
April 1, 2011
In previous Lords of the Underworld books, Amun has remained mostly in the background. He's pretty much the dark silent type, but as the keeper of Secrets, he has a good reason to remain speechless. I'm eager to finally get his perspective on things, as well as to find out more about his background. I'm also excited to see how he will recover from what happened to him in The Darkest Lie. That may be a little vague, but I don't want to spoil anything for those crazy people who haven't read the LOTU series yet.

Rock Hard - Olivia Cunning
April 1, 2011
Backstage Pass was one of my favorite reads this year and took the top prize in my list of the best sex scenes of 2010. Although I loved Brian aka Master Sinclair as the lead, I'm a sucker for lead singers. Sed really stole the show for me in the first book. That is why I am so looking forward to Rock Hard. Although we got a tiny peek into Sed's past, I want to find out more about this Jessica person who broke poor Sed's heart. And if Rock Hard continues what Backstage Pass started, well this book is going to rock my smutty little heart.

Eternal Rider - Larissa Ione
March 29, 2011
Although Ione ended her fantastic Demonica series in 2010, she already has a spin-off series releasing in 2011 that looks just as promising. In her new series, Lords of Deliverance (love the name btw), Ione is going to tackle the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and give them an HEA. Brilliant! And she has promised that old Demonica characters will make an appearance in future books. With Lover Unleashed being released on the same day, it's going to be like Christmas all over again!

Dreams of a Dark Warrior - Kresley Cole
February 15, 2011
After a long LONG wait, we are finally getting Regin's story! Ever since Hunger Like No Other, Regin has always stood out among the other characters. I can't wait to see what's in store for Regin. I'm also eager to see how Cole will tackle the whole reincarnation issue with Declan/Aiden. Plus, Cole has really stepped up her game lately in terms of love scenes. I'm hoping there will be plenty of steam in this book!

This Side of the Grave - Jeaniene Frost
February 22, 2011
After a year without any Cat and Bones I've gone into a bit of a withdrawal. Although Frost did release two Night Huntress spin-off books, it just wasn't enough! I'm eager to see how Cat is dealing with all her new powers now that she is a full vampire. And Bones, well I just can't wait for Bones. He is one of my book boyfriends.

City of Fallen Angels - Cassandra Clare
April 5, 2011
I don't read a lot of YA anymore, but Clare's Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite series. After I finished the MI books the first time, I immediately booked up City of Bones and read through the series again. I don't think I have ever done that before, not even for Twilight! I can't wait to revisit all of Clare's amazing characters and see how they have evolved. However, I'm most looking forward to reading more about Clary and Jace. After all those teasers with them making out, I'm itching to see how far Clary and Jace take their relationship. This book is going to be good!

Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
January 18, 2011
After a shaky start, I can now say that I officially caught the Fever in 2010. Moning's Makayla Lane books were some of my favorites this year, even though they had evil cliff-hangers. Having to wait a month for Shadowfever has been pure torture. I can't imagine how people who read Dreamfever when it first came out have survived the wait. My hats off to you. Oh and BARRONS BETTER NOT BE THE MONSTER!

Lover Unleashed - J.R. Ward
March 29, 2011
J.R. Ward is my favorite author and BDB my favorite series, so it's no surprise the Lover Unleashed is my most anticipated read for 2011. I can't wait to find out more about Payne! I love kickass heroines and with the potential for being the first women initiated into the Brotherhood, well you can't get anymore kickass then that. I also am excited for all the V in this book! Thank you Warden. Frankly, I'm just super excited for this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment