Saturday, October 30, 2010

New Cover Alert: Mercy Burns by Keri Arthur

Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series was one of the first romance/urban fantasy series I fell in love with when I first started reading romance about a year and half ago. Wow, has it been that long already? Jeesh. Although I haven't read Destiny Kills, I really love the cover for Mercy Burns (Myth and Magic #2). It reminds me a lot of the latter Riley Jenson covers. I'm also intrigued that the character Mercy is a "draman" or half-human, half dragon. You just don't see enough para-rom with dragons in it. I love me some dragons! Mercy Burns is out April 26, 2011 (my birthday!).

Here's the blurb:
"Half dragon, half woman,can she save her friend's soul without losing her heart?

Mercy Wilson is a reporter in the San Francisco Bay Area, but she's also more -and-less than human. Half woman, half air dragon, she's a 'draman', unable to shift shape but still able to unleash fiery energy. Now something will put her powers to the test.

Mercy's friend Rainey has enlisted her help to solve her sister's murder. Then a horrible murder claims Rainey's life, leaving Mercy only five days to find the killer. If Mercy fails, according to dragon law, Rainey's soul will be doomed to roam the earth for eternity. But how can Mercy help when she herself is a target? With nowhere else to turn, she must join forces with a sexy stranger- the mysterious man they call 'muerte', or death itself, who's as irresistible as he is treacherous. But can even Death keep Mercy alive long enough to find her answers?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment