Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Cover Alert: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare


After I took off the training wheels and started reading "big-girl" books, I kicked YA to the curb. However, Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series has always had a special place on my bookshelf. After I finished the first three books in the series a few summers ago, I immediately picked up City of Bones and read them all over again. Even the Twilight books don't have the distinction of earning an immediate re-read!

I have yet to read City of Fallen Angels because I don't want to remove my rosy outlook on this series. To me, the first three books were almost perfect, although I remember that Clare did leave a few loose ends. I just don't want to ruin anything! When the release date for City of Lost Souls comes closer, I'm sure my curiosity will get the best of me and I'll pick the fourth book up. But until then, I'll just stare at this beautiful cover and reminisce on my fond memories surrounding the first three books.

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) is scheduled to be released on May 8th, 2012.

3 comments:

  1. I love how Clary and Jace are both on the cover! They look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great series! Not sure how many more twists and turns this series can throw in, but keeps me on the edge of my seat! Awaiting the next book.

    Marlene Detierro (SEO Dallas)

    ReplyDelete