Friday, December 23, 2011

Site Updates

sexy Santa

Hi everyone! Long time, no blogging. First, let me wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! For your viewing pleasure, I present to you a steamin' hot photo of a sexy Santa. With all the hay, I like to imagine that this is one of those yummy McKay men from Lorelei James's Rough Riders series. Drool.

Ok, so there isn't a whole lot to update you on right now, but here's an idea of what I'm working on and what you can except from Good Books, Good Coffee, Good Life in 2012.

- First, let me apologize for being gone for so long. One morning in August, I simply woke up and had no desire to read anymore. I thought I was just in a little funk and would soon realize how much I miss all the yummy men and kickass chicks (to cite one of my favorite blogs). So, I decided to ignore my bookshelf for a little while despite my books' constant cries of "read us, READ US!" Before I knew it, a few days turned into a few weeks and then a few months. But I have found my way back to the wonderful world of blogging and romance. Yeesh, I have a lot of catching up to do!

- As you've probably guessed, I have started reviewing again. I'm currently working on a few reviews, as well as tinkering around with the formatting. I want to make my reviews more satisfying by including something unique. I have some ideas and will probably try a few things out and see what works best. All I know is that it's going to involve sex scenes ;)

- I've included a section on upcoming releases right up there on the Nav bar. It's still a work in progress, so come back soon and check it out.

- I also want to start a new meme devoted to my random musings. One of my most popular posts is the E-reader pillow, so I was toying around with the idea of talking about silly book related things I find on the net. Or maybe just silly things in general? Look for this yet to-be-named meme in 2012. Hopefully, I can find some good stuff to share with you.

- Since I didn't read a lot this year, there will be no yearly wrap-up lists. I really liked doing my favorite sex scenes last year, but thanks to my self-imposed hiatus, I don't have enough material to work with. Instead, I was thinking about doing a top 12 of 2012, highlighting the books I am most looking forward to in 2012. There is a lot of great books coming out next year and I would love to discuss them with you! If you are looking for a great list on the best sex scenes of 2011, head on over to Smexy Books. I'm in total agreement with most of Mandi's choices.

That's about it for the updates. I hope you will stick around and check out the new changes to Good Books, Good Coffee, Good Life in 2012. I'm so excited to start blogging again and can't wait to dive back into the romance genre!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Nicole you're "back"! Sometimes we all need a break - even from the things we love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I figured Canada needs all the romance bloggers it can get, haha.

    ReplyDelete